Saturday, March 26, 2022

Coffee

Years ago when I moved into my little studio in Cupertino (sure miss that place!) I started making coffee. Not that I like drinking coffee but the smell of brewing coffee brings me peace and comfort. Memories from my childhood of my mom who made a big pot of Folger's coffee every morning.  When Annie was still with me :( we would go outside to play and I would have my cup of coffee. For me it's always hit or miss if I make my coffee right = tastes good. So I started reading up on how to make a good cup. I use good beans, water and measure the temperature but now I'm wondering if I should weigh the beans too?  Not sure if I want to invest in a scale.  I do the pour over method, not because I think it's the best way but because it takes up less space on my counter. I just read the Blue Bottle cookbook ( yes I read cookbooks for fun) to get some tips. 
There's another story about cookbooks coming. ;) 

No comments: