Monday, March 21, 2022

Artwork

At the store we take in a lot of art work. I'm more interested in the frames so if the art is really damaged, I removed it. We have artists coming in all the time looking for just the frames, which are way cheaper and more interesting than what is currently out there. 
I'm also very patience in waiting for the art to come in, which really isn't in my nature. My assistant like to buy things (at full retail) when we get low, which isn't the best way to make a profit but it's his money to spend the way he wants. At some point he'll donate the art and we usually sell it at loss. 
 We also hang all the artwork (even the really ugly ones) if we can which I think sells the things faster. Not sure how well the walls will do in the long haul with all the holes but for now it works out very well!

No comments: