Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Rabbit lined leather jacket

At the store I'm not allowed to sell animal fur, leather is OK but anything else is a big No No, being a no kill animal shelter that makes sense.
A donor had some very impressive clothes but she's a size 0 which is a very limited market in the thrifting world. She had two leather coats that were in super condition but one is lined with rabbit fur and the other is fur, I'm not sure from what but it's real. I took the jackets anyways and I hope to be able to consign them for the store. I'm looking into all the ways we can sell stuff at the highest margin so I can to meet the 100K goal for the store. I hope to meet that goal as soon as I can so when I pass on my job to my future replacement we know it can be done. 
Lots of the stuff still going on with the store, like installing the heating and AC unit. I thought it was taken off the schedule but the office manager forgot to cancel the appointment and workers showed up on my day off.  I'm lucky my boss is very flexible and was able to get everyone into the building. When I have Mees with me, it's very hard to get to store in between his naps and meals. On top of the that the AV (TV for the front window) was installed on the same day.  I would have normally prepped the building for the workers, making sure everything was out of way and covered, so who knows what I will be walking into today! One more week until we open!

No comments: