Thursday, June 17, 2021

Mid Century Modern


Related Posts with ThumbnailsWhen I first started at Thrifty Kitty, one of the ideas I had for the front windows was to put a cozy chair so those who get dragged in but really don't want to shop. Since we won't ever have live animals up for adoption at the store, making a comfy room setting would be fun. Of course we plan to change up the display to keep things fresh or when I sell these chairs.
These chairs were posted on Next-door and for the last 3 weeks I've been hoping the price would drop low enough for me to buy them. It's a high tech company that ran out of funding so they are boxing up what they want to save and selling off the rest. These chairs were in the lobby and really fit the the theme of the store. I did visit the site earlier when they were trying to sell off some work tables so I already knew what was happening. I knew at some point they would have to lower the prices or give the stuff away because they have to be out of the building soon. But I didn't want to take the chance on these chairs. The black office chairs were $20 and I got to cherry pick out the better ones. Most had wear on the hand rest but at least now I have some place to sit! The moving trucks are already there and starting to load up the giant crates of equipment that will go into storage.

No comments: