Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Budget Friendly Stool


Related Posts with ThumbnailsWhat I love doing is searching for that usual piece that can be used in a different way.  The Re-Store in Oakland has been my go to place for creative ideas. It's a place that you have to go to often because you never know what will show up. I think it's the picker in me, the hunt is the fun part. I was in search for a stool or chair for the shoe section in case a customer wanted to sit down and try on the shoes. Everything I was finding that was traditional seating was way over my budget. As I was walking by the pallets of wine crates this graphic caught my eye. I'm sure it wasn't there the last time I was there digging through the pile! Anyways, I picked it up because I thought it was funny and I could flip it at the store for $20. When I got back to the store I put it down in the shoe section while I finished unloading my car. I walked by it several times as I finished up some other projects. Then the light bulb went on - I had found my budget friendly stool!  This is a solidly built crate that can be used as a seat all for $5.
I've gotten so many wine crates at the Re-Store, the guys are asking me for pictures of my finished projects. It's funny as I'm very intently digging through the pallet, other people stop and wonder what's so special about these crates. Even after I tell them what I'm doing they just can't see the end results. They just shake their heads and walk away. :) 

No comments: