Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Michaan"s Auction House 2021


Related Posts with ThumbnailsThis is my first visit to the Michaan's auction house in Alameda.
As with everything new there's a lot to learn. A volunteer at the shelter has offered to pay for some display cases up for auction so I went to check them out. This auction house is a huge operation with multiple type of auctions going on. This one is their annex auction, which is basically their junk lots, things with not a lot of value. The super high end stuff goes to fine arts sale and I would guess is in a nicer building. It's hard to find a diamond in the rough here because this auction house has the space to separate out each item and have a separate sale. Still you can find some cool stuff!
I really did like this very old table with a top that is made from one solid piece of wood, which is very hard to find now days. It was dirty and still had cobwebs all over it. I was hoping no one else saw it's unique character but someone did and it went a little to high for me, $50. I think they would have kept going if I kept bidding so I stopped. 

No comments: