Saturday, April 27, 2024

Love & Lemon Everyday Cook Book

My light reading for Sunday
Tomorrow is the Big Sur marathon so that means the whole town will be over flowing with runners. Some small business are shutting down for the day because of the race. So knowing that I'm not going to get to drive anywhere, I visited my favorite used book store at the local church. I stocked up on some light reading aka cookbooks. There was a box of yet to be put out books on the floor and they let me go through it. I saw this Love & Lemon Everyday book that is a fairly recent (2019) release. It looked like another fluffy type of book from influencers who have a YouTube channel, not saying that's a bad thing.  I almost didn't put it in my pile but the graphics caught my eye. I don't like the mash up of graphics used but it did me wonder who they were.
The one recipe that caught my eye was the Japanese Udon Hot Pot for Two. She uses a donabe pot, which for a non Asian cookbook is unusual. The author doesn't use an Instant Pot or Crock-Pot, which I have to give her points for.  She doesn't go into any details how to use it and it's not on a flame in the photo. I think it's just for show and more trendy than using a soup tureen. Really how many people have a donabe pot in their kitchen? Still I'm going to try a few of her recipes, as they say the proof is in the pudding.

No comments: