Tuesday, January 2, 2024

New Year's resolutions?

Do you make new year's resolutions? Pick one word to live by? I've been thinking about this for months and I just can't think of anything that I would follow for a whole year. Wonder if making a resolution not to make one is kinda a resolution? :) 
I still dealing with the fall out of all the things that have come back from being in Carmel for two months. Once again I have boxes everywhere, sorting and purging. I'm back to the loud sounds of living in a busy suburban area. There are two major building projects happening around me. A new home being built from the ground up and on the other side down the road an old office building (not sure what it was) being torn down. I did get a little time out in the yard doing a quick cleanup and weeding while the ground was still wet. 
The last few days while I was in Carmel there was a huge tidal surge. This does happen every year and it's called a king's tide. There is no beach and some times there's no sand. I remember years ago I was so shocked to see just the solid bedrock on the beach. Within a few days the sand will be back. The beach trail was packed with all the tourist who came into town, only to find no beach. The weather was so surreal, bright and sunny but still raining. It was a nice way to end my stay in Carmel. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: