Saturday, January 13, 2024

Cold weather cooking

I'm babysitting Mr Buzz so that means I have access to his very large and well stocked kitchen. This is a very simple but tasty meal. 
I usually get my baby back ribs at Trader Joe's but it's so much more cost effective to buy it at Costco. I decided to go for it! Yes, I'll have a freezer full of pork but I think it's worth it. 
With the weather being so cold I went with a slow oven cooking technique instead of the boiling method. Took over 3 hours and made the house smell so wonderful. This is the reason I don't use an air fryer. I love the smell of roasting anything in the oven! Added a simple spinach salad (had to add something healthy) with homemade vignette mustard dressing. 
I think I'll be adding this to the list of recipes I'll make for when the kids come out to visit again for the holidays. 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: