Friday, March 25, 2022

Long Day Ahead

It's going to be a very long day at work today and I already know my knees will be talking to me tonight.  We had a lot of art donated and I need to use the big ladder to hang everything up. It's something that can't be done while there are other people in the store. 
The artwork has been stacking up in back and waiting for me to clean up before getting on the walls. I hope to get it all done before my last day, as it's not something any one else wants to do. 
A few estates have come in as well. One was from a woman who traveled a lot in her life. She collected something from everywhere she went and I find it interesting that I can tell where by what is being donated. Another estate is from a couple that worked for the foreign service so lived overseas for many years. Back in the day when they had staff to do the cleaning of their very large homes. They collected some very nice stuff for entertaining.  None of their children have the space for all that they have in storage nor do they want any of it, so it's slowly being donated. Best thing about this donor is everything comes in clean and nicely wrapped up. Not everything makes it in without a chip but not having to clean everything does save me a lot of time. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: