Thursday, March 3, 2022

A ton of doggie clothes and books

I never know what will be donated and that keeps my job interesting. One of the things that you can't teach or leave notes for is how to see use what you have to be creative. It was a very busy day taking in donations so I didn't walk out to the front until the end of the day. When you have a different people putting things out with no really creative center, it starts to look like a hot mess.  I do have to go in early to get things cleaned up and what I call "reset" the store. Some of the volunteers think if it's free we should take (some things are throw out on the street and really should stay there) or not really look how clean something is before putting things out. 
Ok back to photo. :) It's not just taking in the book donation. First I have to call my book guy to come in and scan them. While he was going to be here, I had a heavy pick to be done so had him help with that, which meant to schedule with the donor we were coming over. Once the scan is done the books have to be cleaned and wiped down. I will plan to display them in their own spot, doing a photography theme section. With all this happening I touched based with another animal rescue group who needed help getting rid of excess donations of doggie clothes.  I took in a truck load (I'm not kidding) and had to sort it all out before I left. One because I had to make sure there was nothing in the boxes (bugs and critters) since it was coming from a warehouse in SF and because Thursday our cardboard recycling lady comes by in the morning to haul our boxes away. Designing another display to highlight the clothes and finding models so I can get some good pics for our social media accounts.

No comments: