Sunday, March 22, 2020

Alcohol Inks 2020

A big shout out to Sandy Allnock (artist and paper crafter) who posted a video using her Copic air compressor instead of a straw to blow the alcohol inks around. I was so excited to see another use for this very $$$ machine that I haven't used in years. It really is an air brush machine to use with Copic markers but when the price of Copic got very pricey, it wasn't cost effective for me to use it in a class room setting anymore. It sadly went into storage. Sandy did a great video on how to make sort of flower impressions using alcohol inks and the compressor. There is definitely a big learn curve but having to stay home for the next two weeks, I have plenty of time to practice. I think it also works best with the brighter alcohol inks that are new.  I'm using what I have, so it's a bit more challenging but until I can master making something close to looking like a flower I'm ok with old dark colors. 
THANK YOU SANDY!

No comments: