Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Snuggle Blanket Drive - San Jose Animal Shelter

I've been sewing a ton of tote bags for the Grateful Garment program as well as for the local homeless agencies. It does take a certain amount of fabric to make the totes, which I pick up at FabMo. There are always end cuts, too small of most home sewing projects. I came across a request for kennel blankets for dogs and cats at one of the local shelters. The poor little things get a sheet of newspaper in their cage if there isn't enough bedding. So taking the fuzzy discards and batting that comes into FabMo every week, I was able to make over 60 (update - over 100 sewn so far) kennel pads. Really easy to sew and I've been able to use up my own stash of batting that I've had for years.  Off today to drop another load of bedding at the Adobe Animal Hospital. Then I have to wait for more fuzzy material to come into FabMo. 

No comments: