Monday, October 24, 2016

Day 25 Lisa's Mish Mash of Happiness 7 Inktober challenge - slow

When we go up abalone diving, I like to stop at the 2 Fish Bakery. They make a amazing cinnamon buns my kids love. Since I have a gluten issue, I pick up their breakfast granola, which is the best. I decided to try and make some at home after I ran out. With the weather turning cold, baking is a favorite past time. I made banana bread for some friends and my version of breakfast granola.  I used chestnut honey, which turned out to be too strong tasting. The next round I will try maple syrup but over all it turned out well. It's a very slow process to make granola. Everything has to be turn every 15 minuets for over an hour. Well I was doing all that I mixed up a batch of banana bread since the oven was already warmed up. 

No comments: