Thursday, September 29, 2016

365 day challenge - Day 1 Lisa'a Mish Mash of Happiness - Candy Corn Beaded Card

I've been wanting to do a 365 day challenge but I can't decided what I would want to do everyday for a year. I have a wide variety of hobbies and interests. I love the fashion blogs that show the before and after but I don't sew well enough to get anything to fit me. I'm a full figure gal so turning a t-shirt into a tube dress, isn't going to happen!
 All the big time crafting bloggers have said "do what you love". How do you show the creative process? I decided I would post everyday either something I've created, cooked, baked, sewn, got inspired by, hiked to etc.... It will be a mish mash of things that make me happy. 
Maybe 10+ years ago after seeing some cards with beaded images on them, I decided to give it a try. This week I taught a class on how to make them and it was fun to see the young ones (30 year olds) get excited about learning something new. It was fun to brain storm who they were going to incorporate beading into their artwork. The candy corn is the best one to start with if your just learning.
 A2 Candy Corn Beaded Card
#11 seed beads
28g wire
Glue Dots
Stamp & ink pad
White card stock
Corner Rounder

No comments: