Monday, March 7, 2016

Visit to my local smoke shop - butane score!

Related Posts with ThumbnailsI'm learning how to enamel and I needed to buy butane for my torch. To have it shipped (at least here in CA) there is an extra hazardous material shipping fee, which is a lot. So I finally broke down and walked into a smoke shop or what it was called in my day, a "head" shop. They last time I was in a store like this was over 50 years ago! So, I was just a little nervous about walking into a incense filled, dark dirty, poster filled place. Well, much to my surprise things have changed. The store was very clean, bright lights and filled with sun light. They did have head banging music playing in the background really loud but over all a really nice place. I did take my torch in and the clerk there knew exactly what I needed and gave me a quick lesson on why refined butane is needed when  using a torch to make jewelry. The price ($3.99) was so low compared to what I could find online (before the high shipping) that I said I would take 10 cans. He said no, that was way too many. If I was using my hand held torch that much (each can has a burn time of 2-3 hours) I should invest in the bigger propane torches. So I settled on getting just 4 cans. Thank you Monster of Rock 2!

No comments: