Saturday, June 26, 2010

Bacon - A Love Story


Related Posts with ThumbnailsI picked this book up at the library a few weeks ago.  I thought the title was too funny.  Who would write a book all about bacon?  It's an entertaining and fun book to read.  We eat a lot of bacon at my house.  On the no carb diet, bacon is allowed.  I also make Annie's dog biscuits that call for bacon grease  - makes them really tasty.
Speaking of bacon, my daughter prefers not to eat pork after seeing the pig deliveries made to San Francisco's Chinatown every morning as she walks to work.  A big cargo truck pulls up loaded with dead whole pigs. It was a real shock the first time she saw the pigs being unloaded. She did send me a photo from her cell phone but they were stack so high you really can't tell what it is.  After seeing this every morning it's turned her off to eating pork.

No comments: