Friday, September 4, 2026

Life of a Reseller - Processing

I washed my car yesterday and of course it rained last night. It was totally off my radar to check the weather report! My car was so dirty I couldn't take it anymore, it needed a bath. 
I just now getting through my last auction and estate haul when a friend had several boxes of things for me. These sewing thimbles were part of it. Not a big money spinners and very hard to display in my booth. The first thing I look for is gold or silver, there were none. Then I ask any of my friends who collect them if they want any. After all that I pull the ones I find interesting to sell for $5. The rest go into a grab bag. 
I also tackled all the costume jewelry that's been all over my very large coffee table. That took over 5 hours! Jewelry really isn't my thing as there are way too many moving parts to know. The processing and tagging alone take a super long time. 
It took about 8 hours to process everything in the box below. It's headed to the store at some point today. 


 

No comments: