Thursday, September 26, 2024

Just another day in a reseller's life

It's been a slow process of packing up as I hopefully find a new place to call home. Finding stuff I know I have to get rid off is part of it. 
When I sell online, it's for local pick up only. I meet the buyer at the post office because the location is good. Public place, close to the freeway and plenty of parking. The buyer is usually always late but I still show up on time. Today was just a little weird. I always park away from the front doors of the post office. I sit in the back of my car with the tail gate open.  A car pulled in right next to me and the person didn't get out of their car. I knew it wasn't my buyer because he had just left a message he was 10 minutes away. I thought it was weird someone would park that close as there was plenty of  empty spaces. I thought it was even weirder they didn't get out of their car. After several minutes, she finally gets out of her car and opens the back of her car. I finally asked her if she was selling something too and she said yes. It's the first time I've seen another reseller at the post office doing what I was doing!
I asked the guy who was buying the binoculars why they were so popular because I got at least a dozen requests. Guess it's vintage, a high power they don't make anymore and I was selling them for only $30.00. His pair got stolen years ago when he was on vacation in Hawaii. I said he was lucky he was the first person in a long list of requests. I always go down the line based on the time stamp. He is a teacher and had a zoom meeting, which he did while he was driving because he didn't want to be late. Happy the binoculars found a good home. 

No comments: