Sunday, September 22, 2024

Decision Finally Made & Mini Rant

I'm still looking for a new place to call home and have started to box things up. I finally had to decide which storage place I would use. Somewhere here in town or down in Gilroy where it's much cheaper. I've been going back and forth for weeks. I was hoping I would find a place to live and just make the move without having to put things in storage. With no leads in sight it's forcing me to store my things again. With all the boxes starting to pile up, it was stressing me out so I went with a storage unit here in town. With the cost of gas and the time it would take me to get just one car load down to Gilroy, being in town just made more sense. I can move all the boxes that I can lift myself and get into the car everyday until I need the movers. It would reduce my stress not having to scoot around all the boxes and packing paper. 
Since I ask a lot of questions (not sure if that's a good thing or not) I had signed up for locally owned storage place in Willow Glen that I used in the past. They at the time didn't raise their rent every few months as the big chain companies do. Well I found out they just switched to a new management company (maybe new owners) and they now will increase the rent every 6 months. How much of an increase she didn't know because they wouldn't tell her. The office person (who's been in the business for years) said some places raise the rent every 3 months! So I canceled my unit and thankfully will get a refund. I'm going with a place close to my current house, knowing I have to be out within 6 months or my rent will go up 200%. Guess long term renting isn't part of their business plan. :( 

No comments: