Saturday, September 28, 2024

Artwork Darma

Art By Artist Anne Laidam 
I buy art that "speaks" to me. Can't say why but when I get that feeling and I can afford it, I pick it up. I like black and white brush stroke paintings. This painting was done by Anne Laidam, a speed painting artist from Portugal. I can only guess she paints for tourists. I liked this piece because it reminded me of San Francisco and the cable cars. Didn't know it would cause all this drama at the store. 
I had it propped up on my work station at the store so I wouldn't forget it. A rather strange customer (her behavior was just a little off) came in asking about frames for an upcoming art show. I told her she had to talk to the manager as I couldn't do any of the pricing on the frames or artwork that was in the back. When the door to the backroom opened, she saw my painting and asked about it. I told her I was getting it so it wasn't for sale. She got a little obsessive about it and the next time I went out front said she would pay $25 for it. She said selling it for $25 was good for the store and since I was here all the time, I could always get another piece of artwork. I thought it was a bit strange she wasn't taking no for an answer and just a little entitled. I finally told her, I was going to keep it because I don't see this type of artwork very often and it fits in well into my current collection. 
When I got home I checked the comps on the artist. These paintings  don't sell for very much maybe $5 - $10. It was probably purchased in Portugal from the artist in 2016 . I didn't get it because I thought it had any great value, I just like the feel of it. It isn't even a painting of San Francisco but I still like it. :)

No comments: