I'm a pour over coffee person but while at my son's house he only has a french press at home. A few months ago I got him one of those fancy do everything coffee/espresso machines. That went into work so his staff could get all fancy with their caffeine fix. :)
It's taken me a awhile to get the portions right as he doesn't have a food scale either. One of the things I didn't like about french press method in the past was the coffee grounds getting through. Also I read (yes I looked up on how to use a french press) that it's not the healthiest way to brew coffee. Who knew it can increase your bad LDL levels! This metal one actually works out very well in keeping the grounds out. We took it camping and that worked out well too. It was always hit or miss on how the coffee turned out while camping but I appreciated someone took the time to heat the water. :)
I like a good mocha and after sorting out my son's spice cabinet, I found this very old can of Guittard chocolate. Turns out it makes a pretty good morning mocha coffee considering I'm roughing it. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment