Thursday, February 29, 2024

Last Chance Mercantile

Thrift store in Monterey 
Related Posts with ThumbnailsThis place was found by mistake by my daughter while we were down here in Carmel for the holidays. We amassed a huge pile of cans and plastic one gallon water jugs. There aren't a lot of place to recycle here for money so of course we Googled it. This is a recycling place out in the middle of no where. 
They also have a thrift shop that benefits homeless veterans. programs. It gets terrible reviews for being over priced and I have to agree with that. Their inventory is sparse so there isn't a whole lot to look at. It did have a steady stream of shoppers but from what I could tell no resellers. For me when you don't see other resellers, you know it's not a place you will find a lot of things to flip. Being so far out in the boon docks, I can only guess they don't get a lot of donations either. It is very organized and reasonable clean. It's a large warehouse building with a large outdoor space for lumber, plumbing fixtures and patio furniture. I did pick up some puzzles ($2 each) and an ink/watercolor painting from a local artist for $5. 
Once I get it cleaned up (it's really dirty) I'll post it. 
It's not a place I would visit often but nice to know it's there. 

No comments: