Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Quick trip to Turkey


Something I always found sad was meeting women who are afraid to travel without a partner. That they live with regrets or angry that they never got to see the world. Then old age catches  up with them and they can't physically travel.
I raised my children to be very independent and confident in how to navigate the world on their own. It makes me so happy to see my children flying off to visit different countries and experience the world. I started traveling internationally on my own over 25 years ago when I realized who I was married to at the time wasn't comfortable going anywhere they didn't speak English.  If I wanted to see the world I would have to do it on my own. 
My daughter made a quick trip to Turkey (only a four flight from the Netherlands) to meet up with a college roommate who was doing a site visit. I know the logistics for the trip had be intense as both of them have young children at home but they made it work. Looking forward to hearing about the trip and all the spices they are bringing back!

No comments: