Friday, April 29, 2022

Time is money when picking



Related Posts with ThumbnailsToday I went to Salvation Army to drop off a big bag of stuff, so while I'm there and if there's parking, I pop in. I did post on my Facebook page the collage of  things I picked but for some reason it doesn't show up on my laptop. Only this lemon reamer photo showed up. 
What I didn't say in my Facebook post was that when resellers go picking we don't engage in small talk or make eye contact, not because we're being rude but because time is money so getting to as many stores as you can in one day it important. I'm at the Salvation Army store and start going through a new cart that rolled out. Another woman was looking through it too. I asked if she was a picker and she wasn't. OK that was my mistake! She started following me around the store holding up just about everything telling me how cute it was. I finally had to just leave because I couldn't focus on anything. 
I then went to the Goodwill store and I only stop if I get a good parking spot. It's a really small store and they don't get any really good stuff so if there isn't parking right in front it's not worth stopping. Parking on the side streets is just too risky.
I did find a few fun things that will be easy to flip. I picked up three small white restaurant style bowls because I like that type of dish ware.  As I was waiting for a man who was having a fit at the check out counter about why they wouldn't take a cabinet he took apart (note thrift stores will not take a cheap cabinets that they have to put back together) to finish yelling, I did the comps on the bowls and found out those white bowls (sorry can't get the photos to down load on to my laptop) sell for $15 - $30 each and I was paying .99 cents. I had plans to keep them but decided best to flip them. 

No comments: