Friday, June 18, 2021

Very Cool Door for the store.


I naturally design to what I like and don't normally following any current trends. I especially like the find things that are very uncommon and repurpose them. Auction houses are really the only place you can find cool stuff that doesn't break the bank. This door was about $200 and I don't think there is another on out there!
I'm not sure what this door was first used for but I do know it was a sliding door because it has inset wheels on the bottom that fitted into a track. It's about 3 inches thick with the metal sandwiched between oak. My first guess is that it was a door to a wine cellar. Condition is good so I don't think it was in a barn. My plan to to design a platform for it to sit on and keep it upright so it can be move where ever it's need. The back door at the store is a big metal sliding door and at some point I will need to add a security gate that still allows light and air into the building but keeps people out. I'm thinking this will work if I can design something where I can lock the wheels in place. 
Finding something like this really makes me wish I could design a house again!

No comments: