Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Watercolor on black card stock 2019

I've had Twinkling H2O  watercolors forever and never really used them to paint anything but backgrounds. 
For years I've watched my favorite bloggers make color swatches of watercolor metallic paints on black paper. 
The creative light bulb finally went on and I stamped this iris stamp (I got it for .50 at the last used rubber stamp sale) on black cardstock. I then embossed with black embossing power. Turned out better than I thought it would! The gold fans are made from wallpaper from FabMo. 
A few of my favorite bloggers have posted that they feel card making is going the way of scrapbooking. People are getting overwhelmed with buying stuff to the point they don't create anything. Since I sold my house (2011) and sold off 90% of everything I owned, which included my crafting supplies. I kept only the essentials for my paper crafting hobby. I have to admit that I did like to collect supplies but at some point you run out of space! 
I love watching my crafting you tube videos for inspiration and never feel the need to buy anything. 

No comments: