Monday, January 14, 2019

Valentine 2019

inspired by Sarah
 I had a really good time designing this not so Valentine's  day card. Lots of meaning behind it. :)
When I was married, my husband called February "the month of hell" because my daughter's birthday, my birthday, our anniversary and Valentine's day all happened in a very short month. He wasn't much on planning ahead or doing anything for the holidays, so it just stressed him out. It made the rest of us feel forgotten.Valentine's day was not very thoughtful in my house during those days, so lovely dovey cards isn't the first thing I think of. 
The design for this card was inspired by a family member who has be posting on social media a lot of quotes on honesty, trust and in general what happens when a relationship goes south. It got me thinking about broken hearts but we at some point heal (the stitching) and give love a try again. The random painting of color (much shinier in person) on the hearts represents all that we go through in life, everything leaves a mark, good or bad.  

No comments: