Monday, August 27, 2018

Mama Elephant - Whale details

A few people have asked about my Mama Elephant whale card so here's a photo of all the parts that went into making the card. You really can't see the stamp of the whale but it's has a wood block design, which I think makes the whale look scary. When I first stamped it, I didn't like it at all. I decided to color it in with a black copic marker and give it a googly eye. I got the stamp set at Joann Fabrics when it was on sale, an impulse buy. The stamp set doesn't stamp too well so you will have to plan to use either a stamp tool (Misti) or plan to color in the uneven area. Used my Misti to stamp the sentiment, which I had to stamp a few times. 
I sponged the background using an old sponge. I just to heavy handed to use the Tim Holtz blending tool. I have a box full of old sponges I've used for years in the classes I teach. They have held up really well and work for me. Think they came from the dollar store several years ago. 
I added some Wink of Stella to the waves and  whale spout. which you really can't see in the photo. 

No comments: