Monday, May 8, 2017

Trying something new with food.

Finding out later in life that I have gluten issues, it's been a challenge to bake. Now that's it more main stream and cost effective to use almond or coconut flour, I'm able to experiment more. I also have a good friend who is a baker and has a spouse and child who is also gluten free. So when I need a good recipe, she my go to person. This past week I perfected my gf pizza, which make for a quick dinner. Adding homemade pesto and spinach from my garden to the pizza is a plus too!
I also BBQ pork chops for the first time on the grill and they turned out perfect. I never knew you could!
Now the challenge for this week is to make a gf carrot cake for an up coming birthday at work. I'm not a fan of carrot cake (not sweet enough) but it's the birthday boy's favorite. 
My daughter gave me some coffee beans from Hawaii in December and I decided it was time to start using them. I've been making ice coffee for Annie's morning work outs. . With the weather finally warming up, I can enjoy time out in the garden while Annie chases her ball. 

No comments: