Monday, April 24, 2017

Midori Travel Journals in Leather


Basic Book Binding
It's always fun to learn a new skill or try a technique using different materials. I've been paper crafting for years and ended up having all the tools to work with leather. The paper crafting industry back in the day took tools from other areas to use until they developed their own. The Any Where hole punch is a leather tool but I used it to set eyelets.  The Midori style travel journal was a ton of fun to make. I don't think I will ever write in it (not my thing) but I love making them. FabMo had received a huge donation of leather samples so it made the workshop affordable while we practiced making the holes. This was Scottie's first workshop as a teacher and she did a super job. We hope to repeat this workshop later on in the year. 

No comments: