Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Fabmo - April 7, 2015

Related Posts with ThumbnailsI've been volunteering for the group "Fabmo" which is a local non profit that recycles all the designer fabric samples coming out of the San Francisco show rooms. It's pretty amazing to see top of the line, can't be found in your local fabric store fabrics. Almost all the fabric is linen or silk. I keep telling myself I will not bring home any more fabric samples, but I just can't pass up bold linen prints or "obi" (Japanese belt) silk fabric which you could only get from Japan.  Check out their calendar - http://www.fabmo.org
Since my sewing skills are very rusty, I plan to make a ton of XL totes and pillows until I get back into the swing of things. 
I did pick up some silk samples that look like leather (can't tell from the photo) for an up coming book binding class.
Seriously how can anyone pass up high quality linen fabric with lobsters on it? Not sure it will be turned into a tote or pillow. 

No comments: