Tuesday, April 4, 2023

No beach walk today in Carmel


Carmel City Beach
With all the major storms hitting the West Coast, I've not been down to the Carmel House for months. There was major flooding happening in Monterey after a very heavy rain storm so at one point all the roads into town were flooded. Monterey became an island!
On Monday it was so windy that if you tried to walk on the beach you got sandblasted. This is something that is very dangerous for dogs too, yes I found out the hard way with Annie.   There was only one family trying to walk on the beach and I can only guess they were tourists. Guess they didn't wonder why there was no one else walking along the beach. 
I'm here for a dentist appointment, yes I drive all the way here to get my teeth cleaned! Looks like today will be a perfect day. until this afternoon when the winds are suppose to fire up again.  I have to decide if I should stay a few more nights or head home.

 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: