Friday, December 23, 2022

High Tech World

Living now in a world of high tech gadgets, it's great until they don't work.
At the house with Woody and Buzz, it's nice that's there's no forgetting to turn off the lights as you just have to ask Google to do it.
This month my Rollo shipping printer (high end printer) went on the blink. After going through two customer support techs, it still not working correctly. That's even with a live on camera tech looking at my printer and laptop. I finally ask to return it but that was a no go, they were going to get it working if it means keeping me on the line for days. It's a great printer when it works but when it doesn't and you have a shipping deadline, it's bad. I finally told since they won't let me return it, I'll have to call in my own IT people to see if they can figure out what the problem is. It's been narrowed down to a software problem. 
Then my laptop wasn't charging. With my Apple IT guy now living in Holland, I was on my own. I'm getting ready to go down to the beach house for Christmas so not having my laptop working would be bad. Decided to go into the Apple store in Los Gatos and it was packed! Guess Santa will be bringing a lot of high end toys to people for Christmas! I was very surprised that I could get an appointment quickly and they trouble shooted my problem in minutes. It took longer to find a parking space! It wasn't a serious problem, just a hard reset and I was go to go.


Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: