Sunday, January 12, 2020

Picking in Silicon Valley 2020

I go to the Happy Dragon charity store about once a month. They do get some really cool stuff but being in the business for many years they know when they get vintage items worth more than garage sales prices. They have a special section in the store (behind locked cases) with things about 50% off what it would sell for on ebay. If you're a collector, it a great place to shop. As a picker, it's hit or miss, I have to find things I can flip for a profit. 
This past Wednesday there was a long line at the front door before the shop opened. Even I was surprised at the number of people waiting to get in. If I had to guess, everyone was a picker. The other tell tale signs that they were pickers, was I got elbowed out of the way a few times. :)
Didn't help that the volunteers who work there get in the way by not knowing where to stand.They just block the narrow aisles with their shopping carts that are being unloading or thinking they have to straightening out a shelf when there are people shopping in that section. OK just a little pet peeve of mine. 
I did find this milk glass lamp on a top shelf. I think the only reason I got it was I was tall enough to reach it. The wiring is new and it works. Now I just need to find a lamp shade to go with it. 
Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: