Saturday, May 4, 2024

Crafting Fate - Just in Case

one of those "just in case"
It's been absolutely perfect weather here in Carmel. Very sunny and warm but that nice ocean breeze keeps thing comfortable. 
I've been practicing my watercolor brush stokes on the deck in the backyard. Can't tell how peaceful it is with only the sounds of the ocean. I'm trying really hard to make a straight tiny pine tree. I hope to paint all my holiday cards this year but so far they all lean to right. I did bring down all the supplies I thought I would need. I went through more watercolor paper than I thought. Carmel doesn't have any art supply stores so I had to make the drive to Michael's. 
I didn't bring any of my paper cutters with me on this trip because I prepped everything ahead of time. I'm practicing on small squares so cutting the paper down to size was going to be a challenge. Then I remembered I had this binder paper cutter in my car. It came from an auction junk lot and it fell out of the box. It's been floating around in my car for months. It's not the best cutter but it does cut straighter than I could with scissors. It was one of those " glad I kept it just in case" moments! 

No comments: