Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Tim Holtz's crazy cat card 2021

It takes me weeks to make one card. Crazy work schedule and no creative mojo after spending all day making creative choices at work. Always like watching (really more listening than watching) Tim Holtz's very long videos.  He goes into details on the how and why a product was developed and how to use it. I find that information more helpful than seeing the samples. I love the crazy cat and bird series he has. The snarkyiness of it all is just too funny. 
I took out my gelli plate (after watching Sandy Allnock's video) and just played with color. I didn't have any idea what I would do with all the backgrounds I made but I knew at some point an idea would pop up. It's sort of how I design the displays at work. Being a thrifty store, I never know what is going to be donated so I can't really plan too far ahead. Things can lay around for weeks before I do something with it, which I'm sure drives my staff nuts as they have to step over everything. 

No comments: