Saturday, September 18, 2021

Last gift from my mom

Related Posts with ThumbnailsI thought this was lost since I wasn't able to find it for years. When my mom was first diagnosis with cancer, she had surgery. She wasn't healing well so she had to go to the hospital every day to have the wound raised out and bandaged. Finally we decided it was easier if she took a shower and we washed the area and then go to the hospital. In the process of watching her getting her bandages changed, it was difficult to get to the area with clothes on and my mom would get very cold. With my kids in soccer, I knew about tear away pants so got a pair for her and it worked like a charm. They could get to the area without her having to take everything off.
After weeks of going to the hospital, she finally healed up. Sadly that type of cancer she had, the doctors said it would show up again and would attack some major organs. It was only a matter of time for that to happen and there would be nothing that could be done. 
As a thank you gift, she got me this heart pendent. I didn't keep a lot of jewelry but this was one I plan to pass down to my daughter as it was the last piece my mom gave me before she passed away. 

1 comment:

Niki said...

What a treasure for you to find!