Monday, May 27, 2019

Napkin Beach Card - 2019

Marathon Card 2019

I think using napkins for you cards is an old school technique, but it works pretty well. I watch several You Tube videos and decided I liked the plastic wrap ironing technique the best because you
can save most of the image without having to cut off the bumpy embossed edges. I also didn't like how messy I got when using a glue stick. 
One of the YT said the reason to use napkins, is the low cost to get some cool backgrounds. Never really thought of it that way but it makes sense. I went to a Tuesday Morning store this weekend and they had a whole aisle of napkins.  For around $2.00 you can get 15-20 napkins. I was told don't get the napkins at the dollar stores, as they don't hold up very well when transferring and peeling the layers apart. 
I went a little crazy buying up the images I liked buy the TM store isn't close so I knew I would be awhile before I went back again. Yes, ironing a napkin on to cardstock takes time but the end result is well worth the savings. 
Stamp is from Impression Obsession B19157
The little gold star came from my stash = know idea where it came from, I've had it that long. 
Used Copic markers to make the wood looking sign
Black embossing power
Foam tape for the office supply store. 

No comments: