Sunday, July 17, 2016

Things you do when bored

Lemon Mango Punch Tea is my latest obsession. It was served at one of my team building events and I've been back to Steepers in Campbell so many times, I now buy the tea by the pound - yeah that's a lot! Since I like herbal teas, I decided to make a version of a lemon grass, ginger ice tea I had when I was in Borneo. Everything but the ginger came from my garden.Turned out pretty good!
Lemongrass, ginger, Thai basil,
cucumber, lime, lemon, honey.
Traveling doggie toys

I've been making tote bags for the homeless who visit the local food shelter for the last few months. I pick up the fabric from FabMo, a local nonprofit that recycles fabric from the design center in San Francisco. I figured out I could make them into fetch toys for Annie using the smaller pieces of fabric. When we are out running errands we sometimes bump into some of Annie's buddies.  They always want to play but I never have anything in the car for her to fetch. Annie runs around like a crazy dog looking for a stick, leaf or scrap piece of paper to play with. Now I have a stash of these in the car and when they get super gross (dog slobber and dirt = GROSS) I can either toss them or bring them home to wash. 

No comments: