Sunday, September 30, 2007

Busy Weekend

It was one busy weekend for me! On Saturday I went to a rubber stamp show planning on only buying a hot dog and tagging along with my card making buddies. The first stop in my "not going to buy anything" trip was at "Penny Michelle's" booth that had these too cute sterling silver and handmade bead jewelry. O.K. it's not really rubber stamps, so I wasn't breaking my "no buying" oath. I thought they were just too fun not to bring home and I just couldn't pass up the cat one, that looks just my little Lucy. Well, that started the whole creative process going and I ended up buying a ton of stamps and background paper for my up coming Asian and bee theme classes.

On Sunday I went to help out at my cousin's HUGE garage sale where several families participate. I'm always amazed at how much stuff we can all collect! My cousins love to shop for clothes (that was one family gene I did not inherit) so there were tons of clothes left over. They know I donate my work clothes to the "Career Closet" a local nonprofit organization that provides interview-quality professional clothing at no charge to economically disadvantaged women. http://careercloset.org/webPages/home.htm My truck is filled to the top with great clothes heading off to "Career Closet" in the morning.

1 comment:

toners said...

What gorgeous pieces you picked up!! Wow!