Sunday, August 19, 2007

Alley Cats Vintage Treasures


Alley Cats Vintage Treasures started with my search for unusual ephemera (fancy word for old paper souvenir items and other found objects) for my scrapbooks and altered art projects.

Unhappy with what I could find at the local thrift shops, I started haunting auction houses. Having to buy things by the “lot” (everything that is thrown in one box) I was dragging home a large amount of interesting things, just to get a collection of vintage brass letters or old postcards. Digging through lot after dirty lot, hoping to find that one treasure has become sort of a scavenger hunt addiction.

I’ve now branched out and look for treasures for other artists and collectors who don’t have the time to sit through an entire auction. I have consignment booths at Cranberry Hill Mercantile in Sunnyvale and Cottage Crafts Boutique in San Jose.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yahoo! I get to leave the first comment. Your blog looks good.(AKA Debbie)