 |
| Camping Water Heater |
While camping last week, we talked about the XL stock pot we used to make hot water back in the day. We used to camp by the ocean when you could still dive for abalone. There was always a fire going because it was cold. We always had hot water for dishes and showers. Not really sure where the pot after my divorce. We had to drive over to Reno this morning and we had time to do a little thrifting. The Salvation Army and Thrifty Depot are in an area of town I would never go alone. Didn't find anything but it was an experience. On our way back home we stopped at a garage sale. Incline being a small town I really didn't think I would find anything. Spotted this old stock pot, which was exactly what we wanted for only $5 - score! Then I picked up this vintage (1960's) pyrex casserole dish holder for $5. I've done the comps on one of these before so I knew what I was looking at, another score! I'm a sucker for handmade wooden boxes, so for only a $1.00 this was a no brainer. Not sure what these metal boxes were, maybe a school project? I liked the copper ones so picked up the whole bag. Over all a good day thrifting.
 |
| Pyrex = $45, Wooden Box = $9.99, Metal boxes = $3 each |
No comments:
Post a Comment