Monday, April 8, 2024

Nuka and tsukemono hunt is on.


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Yes, I read cookbooks, it's a thing.  
I almost picked up this canning cookbook when I was down in Carmel. A church close to house has a sale every week so I made a quick stop. I had really good luck last time I shopped there so gave it a shot. Didn't have a lot of time since I was on my way home. I'm glad I didn't get it. A copy came into the Happy Dragon and I got to really check it out. The only thing I found interesting was the one recipe to make Nuka - Japanese fermented bran pickles. It was something my family made when I was young. I remember only being able to see over the edge of  a really big crock - yes it was a  very big crock. After reading the recipe it sent me down a rabbit hole of looking up tsukemono recipes.  There is one cookbook that I'm now on the hunt for. It was printed in 2005 and I'm sure out of print. I'm not willing to pay Amazon prices so I'll be searching for it when I go out thrifting. Wish me luck!


No comments: