Friday, February 20, 2009

Published - sort of


I've finally been published! Well sort of if you count one of my emails being posted on Creative Leisure News website. I made a comment a few months ago and Mark Hartnett, the publisher ask me for more details, so I sent along a longer version. He did some editing and then posted my comments. Here's the link. http://www.clnonline.com/archives/clnarchives/2009/cln20090202.html
Go to the "Our Consumers Need Community" section.
To help support my theory about good customer service and age, I want to share what happened to me this week. I called Scrapbook Island, a store that isn't close to my house, looking for a specific brand of paper. The other stores in my area haven't received it yet. Lucy (I remember her name because one of my fur babies is named Lucy) answered the phone (live person) and when I explained what I needed, she said she was just checking it in so it should be out on the floor in the morning. Now here is the great customer service part. I walk into the store the following day which was filled with happily chatting customers (they were checking out the new line from Studio 45) most of whom were over 40. The one staff person in the middle of the chatting group, looks up and asked if I needed any help. I'm guessing she is over 40 too. When I said I called last night and was told the paper I wanted was here, she went and found Lucy. She wasn't sure if the paper was put out yet so went to ask Lucy. While Lucy was looking for my paper (this is a big store so it's not as easy as it sounds) I chatted with some people in the clean well lit cropping area. After Lucy showed me where the paper was, she went back to multi -tasking, re-stocking and chatting with the regulars. I'm guessing they were regulars since the conversations were about vacations, their families etc... This is a store that has found the right combination of product, staff and customer service.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

They have come a long way since the store first opened and Lucy is great! In fact they have a great staff right now. And I agree with you that customer service makes a big difference, makes me want (or not want) to go back to a store.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm so lucky to know you!

Unknown said...

Hey Lisa - who produces Studio 45? I remember it from you CHA blogging & loved it. Do they have a website?