Thursday, February 5, 2009

Circle Journal Challenge 2009

My Circle Journal group decided to do a monthly challenge instead of sending out journals. Patti (My Happy Place on my blog roll) picked this month's challenge - green, brown, blue with a red heart. We also have to list all the things we used. I think I used almost every type of paint I have in my stash. :)
12 x 12 deep canvas, Liquitex inks - Phthalocyanine Green, Cadmium Yellow, Iridescent Rich Bronze, Transparent Burnt Sienna. Luna Lights Blue, Stickles Xmas Red, Alcohol Inks - Gold, Pitch Black and Cranberry. Savoir Faire watercolor - Gold and Carmine Red. Golden Gel Medium - Glass Bead Gel. Cricut Expression, copper tape and misc. bird pin. I painted several layers of paint on the canvas then used sponges to rub some of the colors off. I used my Cricut Expression machine to make the stencils and masks for the word HOPE and heart.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow! Pretty cool. Is it going in your studio?

erin said...

ooh, so pretty:)

toners said...

Wow, Lisa!! This is STUNNING! Fantastic job! You're putting the pressure on us all now....

Sues said...

This is awesome! What creativity you were feeling!!

Lydia Fiedler said...

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

The colors are perfection!

Do you like working with that ink?

Rocio said...

This is so cool. I love it. It make me want to go and try it myself. I bet it's even more stunning in real live. Great Job Lisa.