Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Home Made Photo Tent

Everytime I have to take a picture of my cards for the store's website or my blog, it's a major production to set everything up. Since I finish most of my cards after midnight, lighting becomes a big issue. I've been looking into getting a photo tent, but after doing some reseach, I thought I would try making one. One of my best buddies sent me a package in a square box this week and I saw it as a push to make my own photo tent. I loosely followed the directions from this website. http://digital-photography-school.com/blog/how-to-make-a-inexpensive-light-tent/ I used tissue paper (yes, I will make sure the hot lights don't touch the paper) instead of fabric (the cats were sleeping on the old sheet I was planning on cutting up) since I wasn't sure it would all work out. It took less than 30 minutes to make. It works great but only for a few cards at a time. I'm now on the look out for a big square box.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

How big is big?

Unknown said...

Go to your local home depot or lowe's and ask for a washer or dryer box or a t.v. box or a refrigerator box..... :)
JK - lol or are those the right size??? LOL