Monday, October 19, 2020

First slimline card - Penny Black Cat 2020


I've be hired to make birthday cards for a person who owns several restaurants and she gives a handmade birthday card to each employee. I realized I don't make many birthday cards! So every night now I sit down and design something. I kit it and when I have a big block of time, I crank them out. 
This Penny Black stamp is from 1999 and I picked it up at a used stamp sale years ago. It doesn't stamp well on the block (reason it was probably in the sale) so I pulled it off the block and used my Tim Holtz stamping tool. At first I made it in a A2 size card and thought it was funny to have the balloons going sideways. 
Slimline cards are now all the rage in the card making world so this is my first card in that size. Only thing I don't like about slimline, is that it takes a whole sheet of paper to make one card. Still it's cute and I'll do a few more. 

No comments: