Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Water Color Pencils - Beach Backgrounds 2020

I've been practicing working with my watercolor pencils to make background. Being very heavy handed, it's hard of me to get that airy brush look. 
I've started turning them into cards. I couldn't find the sentiment I wanted (it's somewhere in my stash) so I used words from a Hero Arts set (think it's the Koi Fish set) which I think works out well. It is very hard to get it to line up and to stamp well on watercolor paper plus the ink isn't as dark as I would like. But I have to work with what I have. ;)
There is a great story about throwing a starfish back into the ocean. You may not be able to save all of them but you did save one. It's a good little story you should read. If I had a printer (it's on my list to buy when I go back to work and have a savings account again) I would include it in my cards. 
I like the look of the stillness with just the starfish but I also like the sentiment. They just don't work together, at least in my mind. ;) 

Related Posts with Thumbnails

No comments: