Saturday, June 30, 2018

FabMo Thank You Cards

FabMo TK cards 2018
Every year I try to make a thank you card for the volunteers at FabMo. Hannah, the founder of FabMo really encourages us to use items found at FabMo. It does take all year to round up the supplies because you never know what's going to show up! I just gather up interesting things and a month before the annual volunteer picnic, I start making something. 
This year a whole roll of embroidered daisy trim was donated. I squirreled that away with no idea what I would use it for. Next Hannah gave me 3 sample books of high end linen wallpaper (can't even imagine what the cost was per roll!) thinking I could turn them into cards. Then Bron (another FabMo volunteer) showed me some off the beaten path donations that came in from a crafting hoarder up in San Francisco. There are cases of various miniature things and these wooden dolls stood out because Bron said "what in the world would someone do with these !?!"
I know the cards look a little grandma-ish but I was able to source everything from the donations made to FabMo, even the embroidery thread. I like to think of it as handmade rustic upcycling. :) 
Can't really see the stitching details around the edges made by the die cut in the photo but it does add a nice touch. 

1 comment:

Niki said...

love this card. great job on recycling.